BOOK A RINK
Doncaster Bowling Club
Safe Return to Bowls Update 29 June 2020
Approval has been granted for us to open our greens.
BOM has decided that 8 rinks will be opened for members on Wed and Sat for roll ups.
Commencement date: 1 July 2020
Booking is ESSENTIAL. Members should not attend the club to play without a booking.
Booking is limit to one session per day per member.
Slots of 90 minutes each will be available for booking as follows:
- 1100 – 1230 11 am – 12:30 pm
- 1245 – 1415 12:45 pm – 2:15 pm
- 1430 – 1600 2:30 pm – 4 pm
The 15-minute break allows for players to leave the green before the next lot of players arrive.
Members can make bookings for up to 4 players (any number from 1 to 4). If you are having any trouble or query to make a booking online, please contact Tak Shum (0472538198), either text or voice (between 10 am to 5 pm only) for assistance.
Bowls Victoria and Club Restrictions
- Maximum of 4 players per rink, 32 players per session.
- Rinks will be assigned on the day, subject to number of bookings.
- Club house not opened, use the outdoor toilet next to the green.
- Body temperature will be taken. Members with COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed to attend the club.
- Members must sign attendance register on arrival and departure, including name, contact phone number and times in and out.
Please note that the club and member MUST adhere to the guidelines as required by Bowls Victoria and various government authorities. Any breach of guidelines may be subject to:
- individual being fined ($1652) and the club being fined ($9913)
- individual breaches will be subject to club disciplinary action if warranted
- club may be closed again by the council
General Hygiene Practices and Play Guidelines
- Do not attend the club if you are feeling unwell.
- Wear clean causal clothings.
- Use hand sanitizer before and after play. Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and on the green.
- Observe all COVID-19 signage located within the Club.
- Refrain from shaking hands, high-fives or any contact with others .
- Refrain from handling other people’s bowls.
- Mats to be handled by a minimum number of people on the rink.
- Jacks to be positioned by foot only.
- DO NOT use club bowls or equipment other than the mats and jacks.
- DO NOT use the water fountain. Bring your own bottle of water/drinks.
- Leave the mat and the jack on the rink after play.
- Leave the green as soon as possible after play.